Do you know what is another nice thing I happen to experience at work?Speakers’ relationship with the microphone.
But also Listeners’ relationships with their headphones.
Have you ever experienced the following?
– Speaker takes mike to bathroom and you only realize it when you hear the flush in your headphones.
– Speaker wears the headset microphone as a necklace and turns his/her head to look at the slide – and you can’t hear his/her voice any more.
The same happens when the speaker is using a table microphone and turns his/her head to read the slides behind him/her.
– Speaker puts the mike right under his/her nose and you have what I would call a “Dart-Vader effect” in your headphones when he/she’s breathing.
– Listener replaces conference headphones with his/her own headphones. Most of the times they’re the white iPhone ones, but there are some tough people using huge circumaural headphones. Professionals.
– Listeners fall asleep while listening to translation.
Interpreters have the time of their life.